Friday, May 8, 2009

New Salad!

Last Saturday night I was putting Mya to sleep and after putting her to bed I noticed the fridge was cracked open. I opened it up and this is what I found. Ellie told me she was trying to make a salad! I was really mad but was trying not to laugh at the same time. The little stinker. The only reason I was mad was because I had just washed and sliced strawberries for strawberry shortcake for Sunday dinner dessert and she wasted ALL of them.
Sorry the picture is a little blurry but if any of you want the recipe it is..... 3 cubes of butter, left over gravy, two full things of yogurt, a pint of washed and sliced strawberries and a whole bunch of sliced lemons. Wha La! I did not try it but it looks delightful.

9 comments:

mason said...

Oh my.....how stinking funny. I can laugh really hard because it was not my child!!! :) Aren't children the absolute best. Never a dull moment!!!! I love it.

Dede said...

So cute, your description is hilarious!

Misty said...

That sounds just like Ellie Belly! What a kid? She is so dang cute & creative I might add. Way to go Ellie!! I would love to try one of your creations when we come out to your house.

Melissa said...

So cute. These are the kind of things that leave us saying grrr.. for a moment, but laughing for a lifetime! Kids.... :)

mom/grandmaG said...

That is hilarious! Ellie was trying to make a special treat for Mothers Day/Hope's birthday!! Sam made a snack for the cousins yesterday that was corn pops, froot loops and fresh baby carrots. they actually really liked it!!

Tara said...

LOL! I love it! Maybe I've been cooking the wrong things - I might have to try it! I'm up for anything that will get my picky kids to eat!
Tara

Brooke said...

LOL!! I should try it, I'm sure it would kick my weight in the butt!! Oh, Ellie, we Love you, you are so cute!!

Amy Rosquist said...

I've been looking for a new salad recipe for summer bbqs. Thanks Ellie.

Stephanie said...

SO funny! I can't believe you didn't try it! IT sounds delish! hahahaha