Thursday, May 20, 2010

I have a 9 year old!

Can you believe that we have a 9 year old!! I can't! This year for her birthday, I decided to let her have a sleepover with 4 of her friends. They had SOOO much fun! Some of the girls did not go to sleep until 4:00 in the morning. Needless to say, Hope had a 3 hour nap the next day. It was alot of fun....LOUD...but fun.


Mackenzie, Kinber, Malarie and Hope. Kendall had already left before I could get a picture of all of them.



This is the cake that I decorated in 5 min. (literally). It is made of fruit by the foot and fruit snacks. I was planning on making her a fondant cake for her real birthday on Monday and cupcakes for her class that day too, so I figured I was good. However, Ellie asked Hope the night before the party what kind of cake they were eating at her birthday party and Hope politely said....we are not having cake (pause) thats kind of weird not to have cake at your birthday party.....soooooo I hurried and whipped this up while she was at school. She was very surprised and happy about it.



Here she is on her real birthday with her real birthday cake.

My friend Annie and I made this cake. It was my first fondant cake ever and I thought it turned out super cute. Thanks Annie for the help!

Hope had asked for a scrapbooking kit for her birthday so she got it and some clothes from us. The Shaws and G. George gave her some super cute clothes too. She was in desperate need of some summer clothes. My Mom gave her the cutest little birthstone necklace with her name engraved on it and G & G Gladwell gave her a Visa gift card. She thought that was AWESOME and thought she was super cool using it too....funny kid! Thank you so much everyone. She LOVED everything!!
Happy Birthday Hopey. We LOVE You!!!




3 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Hope-a-roo!! We love you!! Glad you had an awesome day. And what a lucky girl to get TWO adorable cakes. YUM!

Casey, Cammy and 5 C's said...

Happy Birthday Hope! You are so cute! Danyette, you are amazing with the cakes -- wow!

mom/grandmaG said...

Hopey, we love you! You have grown into a beautiful little lady! We are proud of you for who you are!! The cakes are so cute, you have a very talented mom. Glad you had a good birthday!