Monday, January 4, 2010

Treys Birth

WARNING!!! PICTURE OVERLOAD!!!!
We started off the day with Tweeb and I leaving for the hospital at 4:15 in the morning. I was scheduled for a c-section at 7:00 and had to be there by 5:oo. We got there and checked in and then met my nurse and got all prepped for surgery. The nurse gave me a shot in my hand to numb it before she gave me the IV and it is the best and easiest IV that I have ever had. So if you ever have the option....go for it! It didn't seem to take very long before they wheeled me off to the operating room.
Once I got in there they proceeded to give me my spinal. I have NEVER had a problem with my three others but this one was a little different. It was a resident who was trying to do it (which I agreed to) and she poked me 3 different times, each time hitting bone and one time hitting a nerve. Next another lady proceeded to try....NOPE, she hit bone too. What the heck??? Finally the main guy switched needles and it worked the first time. The surgery took a little longer than usual because they had to cut out alot of scar tissue. However, it was all worth it when they handed me this little guy.

I have never been able to hold the baby after my c-sections but I got to keep him the whole time they finished up and then they wheeled us to the recovery room together.
Proud Daddy of his one and only son! I love how you can tell he is smiling even through his mask.

The new babe coming in at 7lb. 1/4oz. and 19 1/4 inches.
He arrived at 7:45 a.m.


While I was in surgery Misty and Britt had all the girls in the waiting room. (They had to leave the house at 6:15 with all the girls ready. Way to go guys!!) The nurse gave them all coloring sheets, markers and puzzles to keep them busy.


Patiently waiting.
Alivia, Hope, Ainsley, Ellie, Addison, Charli and Mya.
They had to wait a while because only one person could come back into the recovery room and for only a brief moment (Britt got to come). They did however let Tweeb bring the girls back one at a time to see their new brother but for only a couple of minutes. I felt bad because everyone else had to wait to see and hold him until we got to our room and it took a while because they could not get my temperature to go up. They had to put warm blankets on me and wait and when that didn't work they had to put a vacuum that blew hot air into a weird alien type blanket on me and wait some more. Thankfully that worked. Tweeb had already taken Trey to the nursery and was able to go eat lunch with Misty and Britt before I got back to my room.
My three cute girls in their big sister shirts. If you cant tell, Myas says big sister. Ellies says bigger sister and Hopes says biggest sister. I ordered them online and loved them.

Mr. Trey Man (as Mya would say)

The new family! I swear I was happy just extremely tired, itchy and a little drugged.

Hope and her new brother. She was so cute with him.


Ellie was SOOO excited to see him. She still just loves him to pieces.

Misty actually captured this picture for me later in the day. When Tweeb brought her back to see him, she would not touch or hold him. I thought it was funny because she was the one that was the most interested before.



Addison finally getting to hold him. They waited patiently for hours.




Ainsley and her new cousin. They were all very good with him.

Aunt Britt. They wouldnt let her hold him until everyone had a chance because she saw him earlier...lol.


Aunt Mist and cute little Alvia.
We were able to stay an extra day in the hospital because Trey had jaundice and had to be under the lights. They were going to make me go home and keep him. To say the least I was not happy about the news. Just imagine the emotional mother who just had a baby and whos hormones are going crazy. The hospital wanted me to stay in a hotel near by. Are you kidding me...do you realize it's Christmas time and you want me to pay for a hotel room. Well a little while later my doctor came in and was a little upset with the nurses because he said that they mis-calculated my hours and I was more than welcome to stay an extra night. All of that emotional distress for nothing, however I was very happy it all worked out.















































































































3 comments:

Brooke said...

He is so handsome!! I wish I could hold him and love him up!!

Jenn said...

Not to say you didn't do an amazing job but I can't believe Brittany and Misty took care of all those girls for that long and had them with cute hair ready to go at 6 AM! That's impressive! I'm getting ready for my c-section on Fri. so it was fun to read about yours.

Casey, Cammy and 5 C's said...

Oh... I wish I could see Trey soooo bad! He is adorable and you guys are the cutest family. I just want to kiss him and smell him!:)