Monday, February 23, 2009

New Branch!


About a month ago we were split off into our own branch. Here is a picture of all of us on the first Sunday. We are obviously very very small but we are very excited to be a part of it. We are really excited for the missionary opportunity this brings us. Our branch is the smallest area geografically in the Nashville mission, which says alot about the people here. They have been wanting this for some time and we are glad we are some of the numbers that allowed this to happen. Tweeb has been called as 1st counselor in the Melchezedic Priesthood Group which includes the Elders and High Priests. He was also called to be on the Activity Board to represent the Young Adults. My new callings are Nursery Leader and Enrichment Leader. Right now I am planning and organizing the Relief Society Birthday Party. It is quite fun and a calling that I think I will really enjoy.

11 comments:

mom/grandmaG said...

That is just awesome and they are so blessed to have your family there to be such good members!! We are very proud of you and how willing you are to serve.

Brooke said...

Wow, it is tiny, but I bet it's so fun that way!! You will both be so amazing at your callings. Miss ya!!

The Quarnbergs said...

Hey I am the nursery music leader and on the enrichment committee, that is funny! I love both callings!

Travis and Cristan said...

That looks about the size of our ward here:) j/k I think that is preety cool. I as so glad you guys are lovin' it! We miss you

Melissa said...

Awww... that is so bitter-sweet for me to read and see that picture! We had such a great experience there. I'm glad that I get to see how things are going there through your "eyes".

Melinda said...

Yeah you'll totally be awesome at both callings! I can already see the extreme craftiness of the RS birthday party. It will pretty much put everyone else's in the church to shame! :) I want to be you.

Linda said...

What a great opportunity for you guys to share the gospel there, you are awesome people and they are lucky to have you! I am sure this move will be a huge testimony builder for your family. Sounds like you will be busy serving in those callings, as well!

tanya.... said...

Congrats! Speaking from experience branchs are SO much fun but a lot of work. I know that you and Tweebs testimonies are SO Strong that they are so lucky to have ya!
I miss all of ya SO much:) love ya

Misty said...

I love seeing all the people you guys are so close to. You will be way awesome in ALL of your callings. I'm so happy you are doing so well. We love & miss ya!

Hone Family said...

Hey you look right at home, looks like the Salina 3rd ward. LOL I love that comment about Hope and baptism... Soooo Cute.

Travis and Cristan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWEEB! HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD ONE!