Friday, October 17, 2008

Locks of Love!

The first cut. You can see how long it is on the front on the cape.
Hope and Ms. Honey

For all of you that know Hope, she can be super caring. She decided on Sunday that she wanted to donate her long hair to Locks of Love. She donated her hair a couple years ago too, which was also her idea. We are soooo proud of her. We love that she cares enough about children with illnesses that she is willing to help them however she can, even at the age of seven. I took her to a really cute salon called Sweet and Sassy. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. They have miniature chairs with a flat screen tv at every station and they do manicures and pedicures. They do parties where you can dress up and walk the runway. They also have stuff to do karaoke and they have a little boutique shop as well. When her hair was done they sprayed glitter in it and put a little glitter star on her cheek. Hope is already planning her Birthday party and her Birthday is in May. I would also like to add that I payed under $20, so it was not expensive either. She ended up cutting off around 12 to 13 inches. She absolutely loves her new hair cut and I cannot get her to quit looking in the mirror or anything that makes a reflection. It is hilarious.

6 comments:

Misty said...

Hope,
We all LOVE your new do. You are such a sweetheart (of course, we already knew that). I've heard it's a hard thing to give up hair like yours (although I've never had hair like yours) & you've done it twice. Way to go!!!
Love Ya!

Casey, Cammy and 5 C's said...

Hope's hair is cute! We have a salon like that in Spanish Fork. Callie did it for her birthday last June and it was SOOOOO much fun! They dressed up and walked the runway, and got pink hot chocolate and up-dos, manicures and pedicures. They can also make their own lip-gloss and perfume. I would highly recommend it for a party! We miss you guys!

Jami said...

Oh My! Hope you are so darling!!! I am so glad you found somewhere to get your hair done! That doesn't mean I miss you like crazy! Good for you Hope! Your hair grows so fast! Now you have to find somewhere fun (and good) to do your hair!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little girl! I LOVE her haircut too. It's very flattering to her cute little face. I would've totally had my birthday party there when I was younger!

Lisa said...

Your kids are soooo awesome! Cute haircut for Hope!

Brooke said...

I'm with Melinda, I would have totally gone there for my birthday. I probably still would!! Again, I'm so proud of you Hopey!!