Monday, November 10, 2008

Dunkin Donuts!

Our little Joy School class was supposed to go on a field trip to a Bakery. It was my turn to teach, so I talked to the local grocery store Bakery and they would not let us come because of the liability (ok whatever). So then I was wondering where we could go and I thought of Dunkin Donuts. Hello, that is way better anyways. I called them and they were more than happy to do it for us. We went and the kids LOVED it. We took a tour of the facility and they showed them how they make donuts and glaze and ice donuts and take orders etc. etc.. The very best part however was when they let them decorate their own donut. I figured they might give them a donut but I did not expect them to go all out. Anyways they were very cute.



Me, Ellie and Mya decorating donuts.
This is actually their finished product, sorry I posted the pictures in the wrong order.

The kids decorating their donuts. They gave them all sorts of toppings and 3 different flavors of icing.


This is them getting to see the display of donuts. They were all so good. We were there for over an hour and they stayed interested the whole time. My friend Annie (she is in the blue shirt) and her daughter Abigail, came along too.



This is our cute little Joy School class
Mya, Me, Abigail, Ellie, Seth, Olivia, Reice and Katie
Katie is the one who introduced me to Joy School. It is like preschool but they learn more about themselves and how their actions can make them happy. We take turns every other week teaching and the kids have so much fun. Ellie absolutely loves it.





6 comments:

mom/grandmaG said...

Yay for Dunkin Donuts, how cute the pictures are. I know of one in SLC but I will drive to it just to show my support!! You know how I loved getting students who had been to Joy School and I think you are doing an awesome job! Wanna go back to college and get certified to teach public school? Then you would have to be... Mrs. Gladwell...oh no!!!!

Annie said...

How did I end up in two of these pictures? The kids look adorable, though.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad to see the good times you are having with the people there! They really are great, and I bet they are so glad you are there now too!

Stephanie said...

What a cute idea. You are such a good mommy!

Lisa said...

That is the nicest Dunkin' Donuts I have ever seen in my life. Usually they are so scummy. But they have yummy donuts.

The ladies in our ward do Joy School. But we're not invited. Yet.

Lisa said...

Is that your coffee on the table, Danyette?