Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Seriously So Proud!!


I am seriously so proud of my little girl. This may not be an interesting story to some of you but since I am using this blog for my journal I did not want to forget it. Anyways, yesterday at school a boy in her class said "oh my ___". Hope politely explained to him that he was taking the lords name in vain and that its not very nice. He seemed a little confused and so Hope explained to him and one of her friends how when you are talking about God that it is not a swear word but when you use his name just because, then you are taking it in vain. The boy understood her explanation and then said: my Mom and Dad say it all the time. Hope then says to him: well you should probably explain it to them. She does not like to hurt any ones feelings and so I was surprised that she stood up for herself and her beliefs that way, and she did it in a way that nobody felt stupid (I should have known). I just love her so much and I am so happy that she loves her Heavenly Father enough to stand up for him.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Wow! Danyette that is so special that she has a testimony and will share her feelings like that! I grew up in Oregon and needless to say LDS people are not the majority there, but I learned to share the gospel and my testimony was stronger because of it. Moving to Tennessee will be a strength and testimony building experience, and it sounds like Hope is rising to the occasion! She sure is a cutie!
Cute Halloween costumes, too! Charlee had a 104 fever and missed trick or treating. She spent the whole night on the couch. SAD!

brookiebaby said...

What a little angel! If we could all be more like children and be more kind and Christ-like! What an example to adults! WHy to go Hope!

Brooke said...

That is so sweet and AWESOME!! I'm so proud of my little Hopey! This post gave me chills. Keep it up Hope!

Brooke said...

Oh and I forgot to mention that I love Hope's song about Barak Obama!! I noticed it under your Kid's Say The Darndest Things. . . SO TRUE!! Hehe, your kids and their humor, I love it.

mom/grandmaG said...

Hopey, I am so very proud of you and Grandpa will be too. It is very hard sometimes to say what you know you should stand up for, but this shows you can do it and do it nicely. And I love the song you sang to me last night on the phone!! Good job for being such a good example to everyone!! We love you lots!

Misty said...

Way to go Hope!!! You are such a special, sweet little girl with the BIGGEST heart. We are also "Seriously So Proud" of you. Keep spreading the gospel out there & remember we love you!

Tara said...

What an awesome kid! You have to take credit in raising such a fine little girl! Way to go!! What a little missionary! I wish I could be as brave as her.
Tara