Monday, December 15, 2008

Commodore

Last weekend I played a 'round' at the Commodore Sports Bar and Grill. I was pretty excited because I play somewhere every night but this one I had to be invited to play. There are a lot of hit songwriters who play here and it is one of the best places in Nashville to meet other songwriters and artists-ya know the ones who actually get paid a lot of money to do it! It was so much fun. There were three of us and we each took turns playing our songs one at a time. We played 5 songs each in an hour slot. A few nights earlier I had played there and sang the song me and Cody Braithwaite wrote together called BTW I LOL. One of the waitresses said to me "I just barely got that song out of my head from the other night and when you started playing it I was like Oh man". She said she liked it and thought (obviously) that it was catchy. In the round after me one of the writers has had 4 top ten hits with George Strait, one is 'Baby Run'. So much fun you can't even believe it! I feel like I am living in a dream when I have nights like this. Oh this place is on U of Vanderbilt's campus-right next to the Football stadium.
Not the best pic. A nice lady took some pics for me as I sang.

A different song...can u tell? ha ha. The girl on the far left is LDS. I sang in a multi-stake choir the next night and her parents approached me and said "did u sing last night at the Commodore? That was their daughter and they live in the area but attend another Stake. Funny.



7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey , I was wondering if I could get your mailing address.

Lisa said...

Very cool. Congratulations! We're rooting for ya!

mom/grandmaG said...

I am so excited for you! Keep plugging away! And keep following the promptings. Having Naomi Judd tell you today in JoAnn's that Ellie is cute was so awesome!! Of course we already know that Ellie is cute!!!

Brooke said...

Sweet!! That looks like so much fun. And Mom told me about Naomi Judd as well. HOLY COW!! Who moves to a new place and sees so many famous people in less than 6 months!!? I think it's a sign. :o)

Casey, Cammy and 5 C's said...

Awesome, Tweeb! I can't wait to hear you sing again. Maybe we can sing a song together.(someday!)

K'Brina Colby said...

Congrats!! That is awesome!
Keep it up!! Can't wait to buy your 1st CD!!

Misty said...

You're awesome!!! I get asked daily (well almost daily) how you're doing in Tennesse & I always say that you're doing so well & that you guys love it. Then everyone (never fails) asks if you're really out there singing & of course I am always SSSOOOO HAPPY to tell them that you are, ALOT!!! The people of Salina just can't believe it. But I always say that you guys were meant to be there & because of your faithfulness everything you want WILL happen. Keep it up, we're proud of you & can't wait until you MAKE IT!!!