Monday, December 1, 2008

December 1st!

This Christmas season Tweeb and I decided to do things a little different from other years past. First of all we are going to do a homemade Christmas. All of the gifts that we are going to give to each other and to family and friends will all be homemade and made with love, with the exception of what the kids ask Santa for. Second, we are going to do some sort of special activity with the kids everyday intel Christmas. We are going to try to create special memories instead of getting caught up in all the craziness of it all. Wish us luck that it goes as smoothly as I have it pictured in my head. With that said, today we made a gingerbread house together. Here are a few pictures of the girls.

This is the finished product. The only child that I could get to participate in taking the picture was hope. It looks like Mya could not quite decide, at first she was hiding behind Hope.
This is not a very good picture but I was just trying to get a picture of the icing all over her face. I personally like the big glob on her eyelid. She was being hilarious during it all. She would keep coming up to me with her mouth open for me to squeeze icing into it. Hope, Ellie and I could not put the candy on the house fast enough, she kept grabbing it off and eating it. We also have very cute finger prints all over the gingerbread house.

Working together, nothing makes a mom happier. Notice Ellie sitting on her feet, check out kids say the darndest things to read what she said about it.





5 comments:

Jenn said...

That's a great idea to keep your family grounded. You'll have to let us know what you do each day-- I have the hardest time coming up with ideas.

Dede said...

Cute quote. I think home-made memories are the ones that stick with us. What a great idea.

Misty said...

How fun!! The girls are so darn cute (also love the blob of icing on Mya Moos eyelid). I hope you can make a whole month of awesome memories. Today Addison told me that she misses Ellie. It made me sad. We really miss you guys especially at this time of year.

mom/grandmaG said...

I promise this kind of a Christmas will be well worth it! Those are the kinds my kids remember, and the kind the parents treasure as well. You are such awesome parents that you will think of more activities than you can do!!

Stephanie said...

What a good idea...I love to do things like that and make memories. You will have to keep me posted on some of the things that you come up with to do together.